Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Year in Review


Hey there 2013! It’s nice to see you – but be warned, 2012 is going to be one hell of an act to follow.

Looking back over the last 12 months, it is hard to believe what an amazing year it was for me. It would be fair to say 2012 was my best so far, given the changes I faced, the amazing experiences I was lucky enough to have, and the highs this year delivered that those to come will find hard to match!

So here we go, the highlights of my year…







Graduating from University

One of the proudest nights of my life! Four years of hard work (well, mostly hard work =P) paid off at last when I got to don my wizard robes and cross that stage, finally getting my hands on my radiography honours degree! They even put on fireworks for us =)











     



My 21st Birthday
    
You only turn 21 once, so you have to make it good, right?! My folks had to organise everything for me while I was away working, from the invites (purple, black, silver glitter and bows, could they have been any more me?) to the venue (which I saw for the first time on the night of the party) to the cake (a chocolate profiterole tower, just because I could =P), but everything worked out perfectly and I loved it! It was an awesome night with my friends and family that I will remember for a long time despite the many glasses of bubbles that fuelled the evening ;)









Touring America

Me and Mum at the Flatiron Building, NYC
     

Top of the Rock


Times Square

Visiting POTUS

The Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC


My month in America was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. From my week in New York, with its gorgeous world renowned landmarks and the equally gorgeous cast of White Collar, and our days with The Prez in Washington DC; to our tour of the West Coast, taking in natural wonders like the Grand Canyon, and the decidedly less natural but awesomely excessive Las Vegas, it was a crazy, non-stop run of opportunities to make life-long memories. I’m already planning the next trip! (quick jaunt over to NYC from London in May, anyone?)

cacti!

The Grand Canyon

Our Vegas hotel, the Paris

The Bellagio Atrium
     
Spreckels Temple of Music in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

The Bay Bridge, San Francisco

Me with the Walk of Fame star of the object of my greatest loathing, Betty White

3/4 of the WCHBO crew at Bomer's Pink Motel!


The First Annual Bomer Day

One of the highest of highlights of the year was definitely The First Annual Bomer Day, May 14th! And the events of that day are definitely worth a yearly celebration. I posted about it at the time – you can read it if you click this linky – but basically, pictures are worth 1000 words, right? ;)

Timmy!

Willie

Moment of the Year..?


Work

I can’t imagine there would be many people who would put work on a list of their year’s highlights, but when you have a job like mine, it is impossible not to! Working as a reliever for the WA Country Health service has taken me to the beautiful far north of our state (Port Hedland and Tom Price in the Pilbara, and Broome in the Kimberley), the holiday-town south (Albany, in the Great Southern) and out east to the seemingly infamous fly-in, fly-out (or FIFO) mining town of Kalgoorlie (complete with brothels, skimpies, and the biggest open cut gold mine in the country). I’ve been told by a lot of people that I have a crazy job, and those people are right – it is absolutely mental, in the best possible way.


The little red stars are the stops on my crazy FIFO tour of my home state


The SuperPit, Kalgoorlie


Staircase to the Moon, Broome

One of the Kimberley's famous boab trees

Gantheaume Point Beach, Broome

Chilling in the donut in Northam =P

Port Hedland

Sunset over the Port

It has been a year full of unforgettable moments that have reminded me over and over of just how lucky I am. Here's to 2013 being just as fantastic for all of us!


Much love, and happy new year!
C xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You had an AMAZING year! And I'm so glad I got to meet you and your mom while you were in California! Best wishes for 2013! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I got to share so many of your incredibly special 'moments' of 2012. I too hope that 2013 is an absolutely awesome year for all of us. Love you! Mum xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete