Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Big Love-In, Issue 3


Some April love... =)




When Panic’s first album came out a few years back, I loved all over I Write Sins, Not Tragedies and the rest of the singles that followed from their first release, A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out. When they toured for the follow-up, Pretty. Odd. I went along, but for me it didn’t have the same appeal as the first album – plus their name was lacking its token exclamation mark! So when I heard the lead single from Vices & Virtues, The Ballad of Mona Lisa, I was stoked to hear that despite being two members lighter, the band had left the folk behind and were back to their baroque-pop best. I’ve got Mona Lisa, Hurricane and Let’s Kill Tonight on high rotation…



Even though this magazine came out a while ago now, I’ve recently come into a copy (cheers to @kerbiegirl, my fellow DC fangirl) and it’s got me drooling all over these pictures…



Fun times at the Airport

My brother Chris (aka Tina) looking after our lack-of-seating-on-the-viewing-deck problem…



This is the part where I let out my inner nerd. There are a few little joys that come from being a rad tech – many of them come from this list, of Top 13 Reasons to Date a Rad Tech, and the rest come from taking the perfect x-ray. To quote the awesome (and oh-so-reliable) WikiRadiography, ‘there is nothing quite like nailing a perfect skyline knee projection’. Considering I’ve been practically living at the hospital this past month, I can vouch for this statement… :P

Seriously. It’s awesome.


Bomer being a GQMF

Because there’s never a bad time for a random Matt Bomer pic. Or three.







Until next time...
C xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Oh I so glad you posted this!! My sister was supposed to write me a review of Panic!'s new album but she flaked out on me! Glad you liked it <3. I actually loved Pretty Odd. But I still have not heard the entire new one yet.

    Also, Bomer photos are always a good idea =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is now a bad time to pick on a punctuation mistake, my Tweetpea? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine - the new album is fantastic, you have to listen to the rest! There were a few tracks on Pretty Odd that I enjoyed, but there were also quite a few I didn't, lol! So I'm glad they're back to how they used to be =)

    And haha Val, I noticed an error when I looked at the post on my phone, this is the first time I've had a chance to get on the PC to fix it! If there happens to be another mistake (i.e., there was two in this post, unlikely I know... =P) you will have to let me know!

    Cheers girls =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete